Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Math formula

Brandee,

I'm beginning to get nervous about the concept of sharing a blogger with you since it appears you and the blogger don't get along. ;-) Please remember that the big "delete" button should not ever be pushed and if you do, then at least click "no" on the "Are you sure?" question. I hope you get your blog back. However, I'm beginning to think part of that is due to your own subconscious fully turning away from the fine art of crochet. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I have beaten the sleeve in my cardigan. I'm past where I got to the first time. I'm at the nice part where you just repeat the same three rounds for eleventybillion times and every once in a while throw in some new round to keep you on your toes.

I realized last night as I ripped out the sleeve, that this pattern is experienced. 5 stars. Hrm. I see a math formula. Number of times you will rip out parts of said project + number of times you say, "What?" while reading the directions over and over + number of times you throw said project across the room (or just on the chair, but it's the same thing) = number of stars on pattern. There's probably more to it, but we all know the maths burn and there is only so much I can take in one day.

I almost took the project with me to the doctor today. Now, you know me, I normally carry some crochet project if I'm going to have to sit longer than 15 seconds waiting for something to happen or to sit as a passenger in the car. But I didn't. Perhaps I am sicker than they thought. Or it goes back to the stupid 5 stars on this thing. I currently have 2 yarn cakes attached to this thing: one just hanging out waiting for me to finish the sleeves so I can go back and finish the body (ingenious really, means 1 less end to weave in) and the one I'm using for the sleeve. This makes this project rather difficult for short trip carrying. Oh well, I hope to have one sleeve done by our next meeting so I can show it off.

I should close. They tend to like it better if I actually do work while I'm at work. *rolls eyes* Whatever. :)

Tracie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home