Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Why do I do this to myself?

Good evening ladies,

I think there must be something wrong with me. Shut up, I'm sure there's lots wrong with me, but that's another post. I mean with my crocheting. Here's my dilema....

Secret afghan project - 85% complete. It was really due the first week of this month so it is now 3 weeks late. The next gift giving time that would make sense for this recipient is not until October. I could try to finish it up and give it to the recipient with a "oops, sorry" note. And that's likely what I should do. However....I'm BORED with it. It is just HDCs across. Boring. I'm over it. I want it to disappear.

New exciting project - skirt (shut up, it is so a skirt) - 85% complete. This one is rocking my socks right now. So easy, so quick moving, so pretty. It's out of the book Amazing Crochet Lace and uses Paton's Grace (my new fave yarn for right now). I love it. It's going to be awesome and I'm going to get lots of compliments on it.

Here's the dilema. There are people who are aware of secret afghan project and who it is for. Sooooo, so I explain to those people that I'm ran into an issue and will have to finish it later, or do I just suck it up and give it at a non gift giving time? Ugh. I hate having crochet ADD.

Anyway, I'm off. Hope to find my camera and get it charged so I can take pictures of the skirt once it's done (hopefully by this weekend). I'm ready to continue working on wearables. :) Have a good night, ladies.

Tracie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home