Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Crocheting and knitting

Ladies,

Last I was here, I had finished both of your socks and Mom's sweater and 1 of Dad's socks. I have now started and finishted a sweater for Jake. Wanna see? Course you do.








I also made a hoodie for the baby, and it is now in the process of getting itself a zipper (no, not by me.) Yes this pic is on a girl doll, sorry!








I have also started my birthing socks. What about Dad's other sock you ask? Yeah, later. No really, once I've finished this one sock I swear! I think. This is the first time I've ever actually done a pattern (aka: fancy knitting) on a sock. It is reminding me that a) I am not a real knitter, b) I still cannot reliably count to 3 and c) I ought not do fancy patterns on self patterning yarn because I like the straight knitting better. Here's what it looks like so far:








As you can see, the top of the sock is the pattern (like 3 stitches down, then a purl row that makes it look like a line. Pretty nifty.)The heel is in a mini-rib thing and the foot has its top as the pattern and its bottom as straight knitting. As you can see the bottom bit shows off the self pattern quite well. Oh well, live and learn, right? But, I do like how they are turning out, even if I cant count to 3 (as in 3 rows... after the heel I completly forgot to do the purl row for like 15 rows. Whoops!).

That's really it for now. Only how many more days until Christmas? Ugh!

Happy Hooking,
Brandee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home