Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Just a bit A.D.D.

Good afternoon ladies,

I realized a few minutes ago that I perhaps have a problem. I believe I have Crochet A.D.D. See, let me explain....

I currently have 4 active projects going (let us not count the projects that are stashed under the bed or in the closet...those are inactive and should not be considered here). I also have 3 projects in line to start. Then there's the 3-4 I'm itching to start. Like really itching. My fingers want to play with the yarn and get started.

I think I get bored too easy. Once I get into a project and it hits the repetitive part, then I'm ready to do something else. I need to discover again the meditative qualities of doing the same stitch over and over again.

Just for those who are counting, here are my current projects (active and inactive), projects in the wings, and projects still in conception stage:

Active projects:
1) Seraphina Shawl (over 1/2 done I think...I'll know once I run out of yarn)
2) Log cabin afghan for Larry and Diane (I am over half way done with this one)
3) Crimson cape (not even close although it's in the lace pattern now and will likely go quickly)
4) Pound of Love afghan (using the pattern on the label but without the hood, that was a pain in the hook last time)

Inactive projects:
1) Granny square skirt (residing under the bed and in the closet)
2) Purple coat (my first project...out of Red Heart Acrylic....in purple....in single crochet...can we see why it's inactive?)
3) Pink baby blanket (need to just order the pink I need so I can finish it)
4) Dreamcatcher afghan using up baby yarn stash
5) Ruana wrap out of boucle

Waiting to be made (I have the yarn and the pattern, just waiting to start):
1) Cool crochet cap in denim blues
2) Cotton tots baby sweater
3) Josaylnne's tote bag for her crochet kit

Still in my head and wishful:
1) Snowflake skirt from Interweave Crochet (although I have the yarn I think I'm using, I just need to swatch and make sure it'll work)
2) About 3 other skirts I want to make
3) Felted tote bag out of the brown wool I have under the bed.
4) A few tops



Yeah, is it any wonder I don't have time to post? LOL

Take care ladies...
Tracie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home