Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A real knitter would know better...

Ladies,

Please understand that 19 minutes ago I posted this very same message (well close, this will be more of a Cliffs Notes version because... UGH) but due to the updates blogger was doing It ate it. The only problem is that the blogger updates were supposed to be at 4pm. Didnt realize that was pacific time! Woulda been nice if they had told me before I posted, or at least saved it for me! URG. Moving on.

So, remember that cute little sweater I was making Sean?






Well, I with the new lessons I learned at Sip and Knit (you know, the correct way to knit) I decided to start doing the sweater the right way. BAD IDEA. It was so much tighter than the rest of the sweater. So I frogged it back. I didnt tink it because that is hard and the yarn I'm using is not really condusive to that solution. However, I do not know how to put the stitches back on the needle after I frog it. Add that to the unfortunate mistake about 80 rows back I decided to just frog the whole thing and start again. I got out the plastic needles because I do think the bamboo is giving me some of the problem and I've done about an inch's worth. I really think the majority of the problem, though, is with the yarn. It is very loosely plied and keeps snagging. So I will scavenge in the stash to see if I have any Simply Soft or something else I like. Tracie, please remember to check your needle stash (yes I know you need to hunt, and dust off and all that) for metal size 6's.

Lets see - what else is on the hooks or needles? Tracie's Christmas socks are at the gusset part - that's where I get to use the crochet hook! I also have the baby's hat that I havent finished, the crocheted american flag afghan I'm ignoring... ignoring so well infact that I have forgotten where I hid it! And of course Mom's sweater. I am going to start working on that again so I can see exactly how much yarn I am short on it. I really dont think that a Christmas tank will do the trick!

My next project will be to make Sean a baby hoodie out of the baby homespun in blue that I got at the Joann Labor Day Sale. I havent found exactly the pattern I'll use, but I know what I want. I may end up creating my own pattern out of pattern pieces I have. We'll have to see.

That's it for now. Tra, I'll see you tomorrow. Dani, we'll miss you!

Brandee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home