Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

It's done!

Good evening ladies,

Dani, glad to see you posting, too! I knew you wouldn't lurk forever.

Yes, as the title says, it is done! The cardigan is finished! I finished it this afternoon before I went to my parents' house for dinner. Here's the pics of the front and back.





Now it's off to the next project. I found my Rainbow Boucle in the fall colors and will start that shortly. I also went shopping in mine and my mom's stash for Red Heart in the colors I need for Larry and Diane's wedding afghan. I think the only colors I need now are a soft white/lt. beige and a bit more Aran. I have to lay it all out and see what I have left to get after I shop Brandee's stash. And yes, I grabbed the sock yarn to give you in exchange. :) I always "pay" for all my purchases.

I'm going to try to get the Seraphina shawl started and past the first 16 rows so it'll be easy to do without the pattern for the trip. I'm hoping to get the wedding afghan started, too.

And I've learned that I seriously need to take some time and get my yarn stash organized. With half of it at Mom and Dad's, a quarter of it in bags in my closet and the other quarter stashed downstairs in a hope chest, it's very difficult to find yarn when I need it. I've just got to get my energy up first, and then I'll be able to get organized. Right now I'm lucky to get my laundry washed (we won't even talk about putting clothes away right now). Oh well, at least I have a nice new warm sweater to keep me warm.

Have a good evening ladies, and a good holiday!

Tra

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home