Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sock progress, and still a dumbass

Ladies,

Well my other blog is still gone... and my Mom went looking for it today, to show my grandfather something... Whoops! So tomorrow I will repost that darling little post about Aliceon and Jake (the kissing story, with pics) so she can show him. Wonder if now I need to tone down my bad words because my Grandpa will be reading? We'll see.

I have actually made some progress on the sock! I finished up the heel flap, turned the heel and am working on the gusset (that would be the piece that transitions the up/down part of your leg to the side to side part of your foot... it involves a crochet hook!). I have about half the gusset to go then it's just straight round and round knitting until I reach my toes... and when I'm very thankful my feet are size 7.5! Once that's done, I swear I'll work on the flag afghan - my goal would be to get it done my the craft fair in November - wish me luck... I'll need it.

Dani, it's great to see you posting - see how much fun it can be! Great bag by the way, how big is it gonna end up? I love your other ones like that - and really... there are other uses for knitting needles - that size you could whip out a pretty quick scarf!

Tra, congrats on getting over the second sleeve syndrome - I certainly understand... it took me how long to start on the second sock? 4 months? Yeah!

Ok kids, I'm off... Iron Chef is about to start. Talk to you later.

Brandee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home