Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Friday, September 01, 2006

It's 9 O'Clock On A Saturday

Actually it's 8 on a Friday... but for some reason Billy Joel is in my head. Possibly to help drown out the Superman from the 50's (I think) that Jake has insisted on watching this evening. I find it mildly humerous that a child of mine would like old movies. For instance, when you ask most 5 yr olds which Robin Hood they would like to watch, maybe it's the Disney cartoon one, or maybe even the Mel Gibson one because of all the cool action scenes. NOPE, my kid wants Errol Flynn. He gets that from his Daddy - the extent of my old movies is Gone with the Wind and I only adore that for the poofy dresses!

So, I'm sitting here, listening to Superman reading Celtic Memory Yarns blog (going back as far as I can), re-running the dishwasher because apparently even though Travis said he did remember the soap, it wasnt soapy enough and they were a mess when I went to unload. I have knit 1/4 of a round of sock and it's sitting in my lap, in the exact spot the cat just vacated. I am actually tired enough to try to convince Jake to go to bed on time (8:30) and go to bed at the same time. Sleepy sleepy. However, I know that early to bed early to rise... and I dont know if I can handle that.

Can I tell you how happy I am that this is a long weekend! Except that we have crap to do... as usual! Tomorrow morning I am gonna go vote in the primaries since I am leaving for convention on Tuesday. Then later after Travis goes to work and his Dad wakes up (he works nights) I'll bring Jake over so he can swim. I didnt allow him to tonight because I didnt want to sit outside in the 8,000 degree heat.

***Aside - my child just found out the hard way why you shouldnt put a flashlight up to your eye. The blinking blindly did not teach him a lesson because I had to tell him he'd regret it if he did it again. Silly silly boy. Moving on.

Lets see, where were we? Oh, Saturday - no clue what we're doing Sat night, probably more of this - nothing. Then Sunday is Church, then my Mom's church is doing a carnival thing until 3, then back here to go to my in-laws for BBQ. Monday so far is just hopefully yarn shopping, Tracie, with you and your mama. We'll see how that goes - it'll probably depend on if I've done all the laundry I will need for my trip, and gotten all my poop in a group. We'll see. Then Tuesday after the mail comes to work we're off to Bonita Springs.

I am really getting excited for this trip. I spend a few weeks getting nervous but at this point everything is done and packed and it's all good. Everyone in the office was in a jokey mood today which helped. As I was telling Tracie - my favorite thing about 4 star hotels is the fancy schmancy shampoo. And my favorite thing about www.coconutpoint.hyatt.com is that its a 4 star hotel. Great food, good times, LOTS of hard work, but lots of fun too. This is the week that, due in large part to the 40 hours of OT I'll get, I fall into bed and am asleep within minutes. We start planning this thing in April and by now I have about 23 lists on my desk and in my binder(s) and in my head. I am thankful that my contact chick has been great AND she is even giving me a spa treatment - a mommy massage. I've never had a massage before - and as tight as my shoulders and back and neck have been (all pinched nerve feeling) I'll be extremly grateful to her for her kindness.

Well thats about it for now. I'll talk with you ladies later.

Brandee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home