Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Friday, September 01, 2006

When work gets in the way

Good morning ladies,

Can I just start by saying how glad I am that it's Friday? It has been such a long week that it feels like 2 weeks were in this one.

I am now to the collar part of the blue sweater. And again the directions are a little hazy, but I'm pushing through. Not sure if I'm doing the increases right, but at this stage of the game I really don't care. I'm falling back to my normal statement I tell you guys all the time, "It's not like I'm going to carry the picture around with me, no one's going to know if it's perfect or not." :)

Is it a bad sign that on my Google homepage I have a crochet to-do list? Probably. But here are the things I need to do before I leave for my vacation (and Brandee's overtime): Make a small purse out of the sparkle yarn I got for the dress ('cause how else am I carrying Gnomebert around to the party?), start the Seraphina shawl out of the fall color rainbow boucle (I'd like to get it past those first 16 rows that I have to use the pattern on...then it's just hand candy), start Larry and Diane's Log Cabin afghan for their wedding (see, starting early...the wedding is 12/3/06), and maybe start the new cape I just got a kit for (Bernat Satin is my new fave petting yarn). And yes, I will be taking 2 pieces of luggage down to Bonita - a suitcase for my clothes and my yarn tote for my projects. Because let's be serious, y'all know as much as I keep saying I need to lay out at the pool, that's really going to turn into sitting in the fancy hotel room watching trashy TV or movies and crocheting. Hopefully we have a balcony 'cause I can sit out there and get a tan on my legs (which is really all that I need to do) and crochet. :)

I will attempt to finish the sweater this weekend and get a pic posted. Attempt. Strong words. :)

Okay, back to work. I'd really rather be crocheting, but don't we all? :)

Tracie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home