Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Yarn Crawl - Orlando style - Part 1

Okay, here are the pics and story from Saturday's Yarn Crawl.

We started out picking up Kerry and heading toward the 3rd annual (!) Fiber Arts Fair in Orlando. Paid $10 to get in and found....a whole lotta nothing. Yeah. Very disappointing. We ended up at Uncommon Thread's booth and Brandee and I bought yarn from her. We then decided that we didn't feel welcome at the tables they had set up (nothing against the people who were sitting there, it just didn't feel like a "pull up a chair" kinda deal) so we went to the snack bar and got some drinks and started figuring out what to do from there.

This is Kerry enjoying some coffee.

This is Brandee and her sock yarn purchase. And a sad face because she bought yarn. I think that's just silly. Yarn should always be happy.

That's me and my yarn. Yummy rayon boucle. Love it! Have no clue what I'm making out of it. There's only 240 yards and it didn't have friends. Oh well. I'll figure something out. Or it will sit with my other "make me happy" yarn that I buy and when I am sad I will pull it out and pet it and call it George. Okay, maybe not so much.

Moving on...

We then remember that Orlando has been blessed with an AC Moore. So we first call Kerry's husband to get directions but he wasn't near a computer and we really didn't want him asking too many questions. So Brandee called her mom. Hi Mom!


Before leaving I participated in the reciprical blogging pic:

Then we were on our way! Look, what's that in the distance?

It's an AC Moore!!!

Okay, part 2 in a bit. Seems I, too, have been plauged by Blogger issues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home