Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Friday, September 15, 2006

I'm a groupie

Ladies,

I just joined a socknitters yahoo group (because I apparently dont have enough blogs to stalk). I do love knitting socks, and hopefully I will learn the right way to stitch together a toe. The main pic for the group is a pair of teeny tiny little socks attached to a safety pin - like a christmas ornament. I thought they were adorable, then thought I wonder if I can make that, then thought that they were probably made on toothpicks, then I thought Moving on!

I did however, come across these: Socks http://www.magknits.com/warm04/patterns/pomsquad.htm (Tracie will make this a link later... apparently me, and the technology, not getting along)


and I thought of you guys. If I need to make socks for Christmas, these would be a great bet for me because you know, no leg! But I wanted to see if they are acceptable. I may make myself some, they are adorable. However, I'm not a pompom girl so mine will be minus them.

Tomorrow Tra and I meet up with a girlfriend for a Fiber Arts Fair. I am very excited, it is going to be tons of fun, and I will be able to get my sock yarn. I do have to say that my least favorite part of yarn shopping at our normal spots (Walmart, Michaels & Joann)(Yes, we are cheap)(and we are also not close to a real yarn shop)(well, close-ish), is the lack of sock yarn. And natural fibers, but mostly no sock yarn. I think that I need to invest in another set of the same dpns that I use so I can make the two at the same time - to avoid second sock syndrome, and to avoid the 'how many did I cast on last time?' and how many rows did I do for the cuff/leg/heel flap/foot?'

I have been doing pretty well on the baby jacket. I've gotten about 6 inches out of the 11 needed to finish up the back, then the 2 front sides then the sleeves. I also need to look for some buttons, maybe I'll be able to find some cool ones tomorrow! I have been averaging 4 rows at lunchtime, which is good. I really like the pattern too, its plain on one side and has little stripey rows on the other side.

I still have not looked for that other skein of the yarn for Mom's sweater. I have been less than excited about working on it since it is so slow going... hence the desire to make socks! Harlotism at it's best I'm afraid!

I suppose that's about it for now. Dani, have a great weekend, Tra, I'll see you in the morning. Early in the morning. VERY early on a SATURDAY! Just sayin.

Hugs,
Brandee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home