Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Light speed

Ladies,

Well Dani, I've finished your sock. It came out really nicely and I am very grateful that I wrote down the pattern as I went. Once I have you try it on to make sure it fits and stays up (as much as an anklesock can) I will write it out right and post it. Wanna see?





And I know that I should really have started Tracie's 2nd sock, but, um, well, I didnt. Let me preface that by saying that Saturday afternoon I went to a little yarn shop by my mom's place and they had a big ball of sock yarn for $10 - I usually pay $18 for a big ball so I was excited. I decided to make my Dad a pair of socks for building the room into my garage for me. Isnt that a great trade? A couple weeks worth of work plus taking us to Home Depot for all the stuff for a nice pair of hand knit socks. Dontcha wish all contractors worked for socks? Imagine the houses we'd have! Anyway, right now Dad's sock looks like this:





I had decided to try toe up and I'm not thrilled with it. I just found other instructions for toe up that I'm gonna try right now, wish me luck.

Brandee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home