Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Because I am, maybe, impatient

Ladies,

Aren't we supposed to all post stuff? I'm feeling a little lonely over here! I will show you the lovely things I have been doing lately.

I finished one of Tracie's Christmas socks:








And I started on one of Dani's Christmas socks:




That is further now than in the pic, I've finished the heel and am almost done with the gusset and onto the round and round bit. I had planned on using a really cute toe-up pattern to make little ankle socks but since I dont know how to knit like a real knitter, or read real knitting patterns, I failed. 3 times. So, I'm making it up as I go (and writing it down even). Maybe, if it turns out nice, I'll post the pattern so other non-knitters can knit their very own. And really, if I can do it then anyone can. They are coming nicely so far, hopefully it will keep up. Dani, I need your bottom of the foot legnth from heel to toe please. Otherwise they will become size 7... and that wont do you any good at all! Quickly too, since I dont have any clue how long it's gonna take me to do the round and round bit. I was suprised at how quick I finished up Tracie's sock, I didnt expect to finish on vacay, and didnt bring a needle with me and as if having to do that horrible toe join isn't bad enough, I had to do it with an E hook! It looks ok though, so thats good. I think I'm getting better at it. Yippee for Tracie.

I have not worked any more on Mom's sweater, maybe I'll work on that this weekend, we'll see. If so, I need to remember not to let any pics be taken of that work in progress. See, I don't really care if y'all see your Christmas presents before Christmas (and yes, I will be wrapping them, why do you ask?) but Mom can't.

I suppose that's it for now. Someone else post... please? I cant be the only one working on something!

Smootchies,
Brandee

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Poor Brandee, all alone in Bloggertown......

The socks look great! you make me want to learn to knit (almost).

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home