Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Consistancy - it's what I'm here for

Ladies,

It's so quiet out there in crochetland. I felt compelled to write since I dont want to alienate the reader... or readers (who knows) with a lack of blogging. Hubby sent me a great article on 10 Tips to better blogging, and that was one of them - stay consistant on your timeframe of blogging, weather it's every day, every other tuesday, whatever. So, here I am, popping in even though I dont have a lot to say.

I am working diligently on Dad's sock, and it looks like this:






I really like the way the colors are coming out, it's a great verigation, especially for a guy's sock. This was taken yesterday, and last night I did get to knit on it a little so it is a wee bit bigger, maybe a total of 5 inches or so long. 3 more then I'll start the heel flap, I think that will be enough, we'll see.

Any chance my dad will lose a foot in the next month and I dont have to knit the other sock? I didn't think so either.

Ooooh, I joined a psuedo book club! $9.95 a month, they send you a book from a list (kinda like netflix but you keep them) and they are all normally well more than the $9.95. The first one coming is Imagine that... a sock book! I know, I know, I have only knit one type of sock out of the one sock book I have - Tra, it's like you and the skirts, you understand! Once I become a real knitter, maybe I'll be able to figure out how to make the other 11 in the book! Lofty goals I tell you. Anyway, this book got great reviews and that made me happy.

My next book is a School Years book for Jake, then a 100 crochet projects. CROCHET, did you see! I'm kind of exciting about that too, it got good reviews and the projects on the cover are cute. Who knows when I'll be able to make all this stuff I have in my head, we'll have to see. I'm sure I'll die an old lady with 19 cats, 432 garbage bags of yarn and 237 projects on my list of crap to do. Not to mention 37 WIPS!

Have a great night lovies, I'll see you tomorrow.

Brandee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home