Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A lesson in how not to get anything done

Ladies,

Tracie, I do believe you've hit the nail on the head. I've accidentally added another project to my OnTheHook list. Whoops! BUT, in my own defense - SOOO not my fault.

A little background...
Last night was Kerry's birthday party at my house (go visit her blog... yarn-addiction.blogspot.com - she's great fun) and because I was throwing said party I get to make the rules.

Now Kerry is a very new crocheter, I think it's been maybe 3 months or so since Tracie and I taught her how to do it (she has been cheating, since she now crochetes the wrong way)(just sayin), and she has become completly taken over. Her husband, whom I have known since I was 13, has taken, I'm sure, to calling me dirty names. Oh well, that much history, he just has to suck it up and deal. Moving on.

So I made this a Birthday Party. With yarn! Because I can. I added, along with the great food and frosty beverages, a yarn swap and book lending with the other ladies in our crochet group that managed to make it (ahem, Dani), and it was great fun. Travis took some pics, and I'll try to put them on tomorrow, to show you what it looked like.

During this yarn swap I doled out a LOT of yarn that I have no special use for and in return got 2 skeins of Fiesta in a cream w/brown/gold fleck thread. I wanted this so that when I'm done with my socks I could make a sweater from the new Family Circle magazine. It has one for men, women and kids so I just had to decide who would get one. Yeah, when I'm finished with the socks. Whoops! I've done my swatch (twice because the hook they tell you to use doesnt work) and now I'm about 10 inches into the bottom ribbing.

See, so since you gave me the yarn (well somebody gave me the yarn) I'm not to blame for this little snafu. I chose to make it for my mom because if I have to do one more stitch on that other one I think I'd probably throw it. And, in that respect, the Great Yarn Search of '06 is officially called off. OOH, ought not to have said the colors, eh? Whoops. And no mom, it's not a cardigan... maybe next year.

Have a great rest of the weekend, Go Bucs (For the love of PETE IN DIXIE, please win a game!)
Brandee

1 Comments:

Blogger Another yarn said...

Blame Jo for the yarn.

And you better freaking get my other sock done! Just saying!

But I am glad you're crocheting again.

Oh, and yeah, if you can't be first you might as well be last. I'm thinking that's what they're always losing.

Tra

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home