Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Monday, April 09, 2007

Socks (plural), a sweater and Real Knitting

Ladies,

First off, Dani I like your hair, very cute and great for the summer.
Second off... I now have 2 socks done. Yeah! They are now living in my closet waiting to find a home at Christmas. I think I know who they'll go to but we'll have to see. I had started that crochet sock, and it didnt really work - following the directions best as I could wouldnt make it look remotely like a human foot. I'll frog it soon and try again - maybe I can find another, better-written crocheted sock pattern. We'll have to see.
I finally got a pic of Stacy in her sweater and you can see the cables pretty well. I really like how it looks, and it actually fits! And she likes it, which is all that really matters, so they claim!












And I have started Christmas Present #4. It will be a skull cap for Jake's God-Brother, with skulls around the bottom. This is Real Knitting, Fair Isle... fancy schmancy. Wish me luck. Here's what it looks like Right Now...









That would be a chart... and 2 strands of yarn attached and stitch markers of different colors to tell me different things, and I did gauge. With a swatch. Worked in the pattern. Should I wait for you to sit before I continue? LOL. Anyway, it's going ok so far, but wish me luck.
And finally I'll leave you with this:


That's Jake riding a bike with on ly 2 wheels!
Have a great day!
Brandee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home