Name:

Just a blog between three friends, one a knitter who sometimes crochets (or so it seems), one a crocheter who struggles to learn knitting, and the other who crochets, has tried knitting and is simply a lurker on here. :) Feel free to follow along as we discuss projects, struggles, and rewards of the fiber arts.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Yarn studio!

Good morning ladies,

Well, as both of you now know, in 2 months I'll be moving in with John. One of the benefits to this (besides, of course, living with the love of my life) is that he is insisting I take one of the bedrooms for a yarn studio. This has been an ongoing discussion since we first started talking about my moving in and now it has moved to the point of picking out the room, picking out the paint, and discussing storage options. It has a large closet and an open area above it so he's going to knock out the drywall above the closet to build me a display shelf. Anytime I mention a storage unit (yes, I'm gonna go with those X shaped shelves we all love) he tells me, "Just give me plans for it and we'll build it."

So, here are the plans for the room so far: I want to put deep shelves in the closet so I can put tubs of yarn and yarn supplies in there. The shelf above will hold all kinds of doodads (I need to get some doodads, I suppose). I'm gonna build the X shelves along one wall (probably the one that shares the closet). Then I'm gonna have a table that I can clamp my swift, yarn meter, and yarn winder to as well as use for blocking. My parents have a rattan chaise lounger that I'm gonna put under the window along with the daytime lamp for working at night. I'm gonna put a bookcase in there for all my books and the cubbie thing I got before for holding current projects.

And just for the record, the reason he wants me to have a yarn studio? Because he knows I want to design so he wants me to have a space to work in and draw inspiration from and be able to design. Is there any question as to why I love this man? Pictures, of course, will show up here as I get closer to being finished. :)

Have a glorious day,
Tracie

2 Comments:

Blogger ~dani said...

I can not even wait to get in there and play with ya. You know your going to have to have a yarn room house warming thingy!!!!
Congrats on getting a whole room, I have to wait till I kick a kid to the curb! *grin*
~Dani

9:11 AM  
Blogger Brandee Fondren said...

A room warming, how exciting! Throw a couple pillows on the floor and we've got a KLE meeting space.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home